søndag den 25. oktober 2020

Munkeruphus with kids

When I got over my illness, I was looking forward to going back to work.
I'm not going to lie. Part of me was a bit scared about what would happen when returning.

What waited for me was wonderful. I was only to have one class, and that with another teacher. The kids behaved way better than normal, and although I missed the kids I was usually teaching, I was grateful to really get to learn the kids from this new class, that I thought I would be working with in the future as well.


The most wonderful thing was, that every Thursday we would go by bike to the museum Munkeruphus.
We did all sorts of artwork in cooperation with various artists. 
We were really really lucky with the weather. Since we was to be outside all day, it would have been really frustrating with heavy rain.


One of the projects was an architectural one. Below are some of the kids creations.
I love them, and the idea was to get the kids to think about new ways of making a house, and to look at the world with curious eyes, and see possibilities.




The kids also had the fun of making land art, with the artists from Studio thinking hand Mikkel and Rhoda guided the kids (and us teachers) through a process of making art right on the ground.
The artworks was really good, and I'm a bit frustrated that I can't find the pictures. They might show up, and I'll Share them.

We also got to see their exhibition, which were featuring bacteria and saltwater on metal. I loved it.








We also worked with capturing the nature in resin. It was so much fun, that I really wanted to do more of that kind of work at home, even though it clinches a bit with my view on the environmental crisis we are in. 
Since kids are not allowed to pour the resin, they made the art in petri dishes, and a grown up poured the resin while the kids watched from a distance. What a surprise when we came back next week, and it turned out that the resin had boiled all in the dishes. Some of the artworks had shells from a crap. those had been white when they came into the dish, but red the week after.






 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar